For immediate release
July 31, 2018.
NPA School Board Trustee Lisa Dominato Statement on City Council Candidacy
VANCOUVER – Sitting NPA School Board Trustee Lisa Dominato issued the following statement today after being selected by the NPA Board to run for City Council.
“I want to thank my family, friends and supporters for urging me to put my name forward and for the opportunity to give back to the community.” said Dominato. “I have spent my entire career in public service and believe my track record of bringing people together to tackle complex public policy would be an asset on Council.”
“I’m committed to exploring ways to enhance the liveability of our city so that people of all ages can call Vancouver home today and in the future, and that we continue to be a compassionate city that takes care of its citizens struggling with housing, mental illness and addiction.”
In accepting her candidacy, Dominato committed to explore ways of addressing housing affordability and liveability by:
- Incenting home owners to voluntarily house an individual or family that is homeless.
- Incenting long-term home owners to offer affordable housing options to young people and middle-income families working toward getting into the market for the first time.
- Expediting building and development permits.
- Advocating vigorously for an expedited timeframe for implementation of ride sharing.
- Prioritizing public spaces, parks and community facilities for renewal, including integration of child care.
“I’m looking forward to working with Ken Sim and the NPA to develop a strong platform that will demonstrate a transparent and effective plan to make life easier for Vancouver citizens and people who want to live here.”
To learn more about Lisa Dominato go to: http://lisadominato.ca/about-lisa/
Dominato is the immediate Past Chair of the Vancouver Kettle Society, Board Director, National Institute for Child and Youth Mental Health (Family Smart) and sitting Vancouver School Board Trustee.
Lisa Dominato: 778-980-4422